Hi

I would like to write a servlet that  intercepts http
requests, and optionally rebuilds and redirects
them to other (remote) servers.

but tomcat doesnt know how to send remote
httprequests, does it ?

so I guess I need to incorporate a httpclient
in my project. is that correct  ? does anyone
have any experience in writing proxies ?

I've found 2 liable http client apis

jakarta-commons'
        http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/tutorial.html
and ballard's (looks great!)(supports webdav!!)
        http://www.geocities.com/ballarke/Projects/HttpClient/

cu *pike