It must be possible to detect a change, as in IBM WebSphere App Server - if
you change any classes it dilegently goes through and drops any instance of
any class (objects) that was related to the changed class - ie. it drops
servlets that contain the changed class as a member, or if it is in a
session variable it drops all the servlets.

Scott

                    Rick Roberts

                    <tomcat@ait-w        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    eb.com>              cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: Caching with Tomcat 3.2

                    15/02/2001

                    03:28 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    tomcat-user

I don't think that it is a bug.  It is the only way that it _CAN_ work.
The .jsp file can't know that you have recompiled a bean or a java class
that
it is referencing.  My experience is a bit limited but I also work with
Netscape and things are the same there.  I have to empty the cache
directory
and restart the engines when I mod a bean or recompile a referenced java
class.
 I have become acustome to just clearing cache and bouncing server in these

cases.

I would be interested in comments from others about this.

Thanks for letting me hang out with ya,

Rick