Howdy,
And so, you probably want pattern="page %U took %D milliseconds to
serve" in server.xml.

Be very careful with your terminology in this area, because people draw
conclusions about performance from this log file.  The time to "create"
a page can be defined in many different ways.  The time to serve a page,
which is what the access log measures, is more precise.  "How long it
took tomcat to calculate the contents" is similarly ambiguous.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/ap
>> ache/catalina/valves/AccessLogValve.html, I would use %U for x (the
>> page's URL), but what would I use for y (the amount of time it took
>> create the page)?  %t only gives me the date and time it was
requested,
>> not how long it took Tomcat to calculate the page's contents.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> JDG
>>

>>>See the AccessLogValve javadocs.
>>>
>>>-Tim