hi,

i tried the path="" with my tomcat, and the result was the same. how does this "http://yourserver:yourport"; work in "real"-life: must i do several tomcat-installation, shall there be more "<host..." entries or more "<engine..."s??

please give me one more hint!

thank you
hans

Shapira, Yoav schrieb:

Howdy,

with the paths: isn't it so, that "docBase=..." means, that all my

links

would be added to this entry? and why does it work in netbeans (i tried
to find any differences but i didn't!)?

No. Be careful to note the difference between a context's path and its docBase. You probably want a context whose path is "", so that people can point their browser at http://yourserver:yourport/ and see your webapp.

Why it works in NetBeans is probably because NetBeans deploys your
webapp to the "" context by default.  I'm not familiar enough with
NetBeans to comment further.

tell me, that i mustn't recode all my links!

You should have coded them relatively in the first place to avoid this problem. Setting the context path to "" will save you the need to rewrite your links.

and: installing my files under a domain: isn't it allowed(?) too, to

say

"/formats.css"??

It is allowed. Whether it makes sense to the container or not depends on your configuration.

Yoav Shapira

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender. Thank you.