hello,

i produced a site with netbeans (has integrated tomcat, as you surely know). now i wanted to test it with "real-"tomcat. i must say, that i'm a real beginner with this!

i downloaded the lastes tomcat-version (for windows xp!), installed it right as the installer did. called once "localhost" and i got the greeting-screen from tomcat (meant: installation was ok!).

in netbeans all works fine.

questions: can i use tomcat "just right out of the box" or is this a fas too privimitive way to use this heavy program?
must i install apache as well or is tomcat sufficient?

where should i look for a solution for my (for me: heavy) problem??

please help me to get on the way.

greetings from salzburg/austria/europe
hans horwath