The behavior was changed (in the Jsp compiler) and is not configurable.

-Tim

Baer Peter Christoph Alexander wrote:

Hello,

forgive me if I ask something obvious, but browsing the Tomcat docs and the
mailing list archive I haven't found the relevant piece of information, yet.

We have three installations of Tomcat 4.06 LE (yes, it's old, and we are
already planning to replace it, once version 5 is mature for production
environments). Two of them are on Windows XP, one is Windows 2000. Although
we thought the installations were identical we found a difference.

The filenames of servlets generated out of JSP pages differ. For example, if
the JSP filename is login.jsp, on the *Win2k* system we find the generated
servlet as

*login$jsp.java*,

while the WinXP Tomcats generate something like

*_0002fjsp0002flogin_jsp.java*.

Is this configurable? What is this difference caused by?

Thanks for your kind support in advance, regards

Peter Bär