Robert,
From http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/common/AJPv13.html#Questions%20I%20Have

"What happens if the request headers > max packet size? There is no provision to send a second packet of request headers in case there are more than 8K "

So more correctly if the http request has more than 8k in the headers it will fail (e.g. posting a lot of form information) and one of the servlets I'm trying to hook into Apache is the Chiba XForms implementation which can (relatively) easily exceed this limit.

HTTP POST information doesn't go in the headers, so you should still be okay. As long as you aren't senting huge amounts of information via a GET request, or you are sending like a million cookies or something.

What is so big that's in your headers? I would think that 8k would be sufficient for headers...

What is it that XForms does that generates so much header information?

-chris