Tim,

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Tim Funk wrote:

> Typically there are 2 (or more exceptions shown). Usually the "bottom most"
> exception is the one your most interested in since that what through the
> real exception. The reason is because the JSP catches an exception, wraps
> it in a JSPException, and throws it where it is caught by the servlet
> engine and rewrapped into another exception (ServletException or
> appropriate).

Concentrating on that traceback, what does this bottom exception show
me? (The rest is at is at http://www.hellaweb.com/hellabot/415 )

javax.servlet.ServletException: org/adl/validator/contentpackage/CPValidator
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:536)
 at org.apache.jsp.LMSCourseImport_jsp._jspService(LMSCourseImport_jsp.java:451)

This is the only mention I can find of a jsp page that I've
'written'. Is there a way to map line number 451 onto my actual .jsp
file contents? What does the mention of
org/adl/validator/contentpackage/CPValidator tell me?

 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:210)
 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
[...]

 Nick

--
Part 4 MEng Cybernetics; Reading, UK       http://www.nickpiper.co.uk/
GPG Encrypted mail welcome!                             1024D/3ED8B27F