Unfortunately in tomcat 4, it doesn't delve deep enough into the nested exceptions such as Servlet exception to print the real root cause.

As to finding out the real error, see line:
org.apache.jsp.LMSCourseImport_jsp._jspService(LMSCourseImport_jsp.java:451)

Most important is LMSCourseImport_jsp.java:451. So look for a file called LMSCourseImport_jsp.java in your work directory and line 451.

But you'll probably notice that line 451 is not your code, but code generated by Jasper. Which is catching an uncaught exception in your code.

So in a nutshell, as a quicky debug you can wrap that jsp in a try{}catch(Throwable e){e./printStackTrace();}. Emphasis on quicky fix to debug, not recommended for production.

-Tim

Nicholas Piper wrote:

Tim,