;) That's why i put the ellipsis at the end of the sentence.
The change to the spec + javadoc occurred in the last draft of the spec (a couple of months ago, i think) so maybe tomcat 5 hasn't caught up yet. The change isn't discussed in the spec and is only exposed via the published javadoc and the javadoc in section SRV.15.1.14.1 of the spec.

We're still on 4.1.x and have to jump through a few hoops to properly persist data on sessionDestroyed(). :(

You could put in a Bugzilla report against 5.0.12.

Jon

Peter Maas wrote:

Since we're developing on tomcat 5.0.12 the container should be 2.4....
but still it is called after the session was invalidated.

Peter

Jon Wingfield wrote:

Not in servlet 2.3 containers. Servlet spec 2.4 has changed the semantics of the sessionDestoyed method so Tomcat 5 should notify before the session is invalidated...

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/index.html

HTH,

Jon

Peter Maas wrote:

Hi,

I wondered if there is a way detect somehting like a 'sessionWillBeDestroyed' event.
since the sessionDestroyed method in a sessionListener seems to be called after the session was destroyed.

Peter