Hi all

We have had this problem lately where we can start tomcat using “Catalina start”  but when we exit the console it stops. When you look at the ps –ef | grep java it shows tomcat running and the PPID is 1 so the process belongs to inetd so I would have though it had detached from the terminal correctly.

I also noticed if you start tomcat as normal using same procedure and then you tail the log files at $CATALINA_BASE/logs. Press control-c to exit  the tail and tomcat also quits.

Anybody have any idea what is going on here.

Thanks

Donie