Tomcat is still in the same session as your console.  You should be ok if
you use 'csh' or if you 'nohup' the process.  A service launcher like jsvc
(which ships with TC 5) can also help.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donie Kelly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Tomcat Users List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 2:18 AM
Subject: RE: Running tomcat on Solaris. Stops when exiting the console

> Hi Guys
>
> I'm really stuck on this one. Can anybody shed some light on it? Sorry for
> the double post...
>
> Thanks
> Donie

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the
intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or
distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of this
message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through the
Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information, such as
social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification numbers and
passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.