From: Donie Kelly [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 09 December 2003 15:23
To: Tomcat Users List (E-mail)
Subject: Running tomcat on Solaris. Stops when exiting the console

Hi all

We have had this problem lately where we can start tomcat using "Catalina
start"  but when we exit the console it stops. When you look at the ps -ef |
grep java it shows tomcat running and the PPID is 1 so the process belongs
to inetd so I would have though it had detached from the terminal correctly.

I also noticed if you start tomcat as normal using same procedure and then
you tail the log files at $CATALINA_BASE/logs. Press control-c to exit  the
tail and tomcat also quits.

Anybody have any idea what is going on here.

Thanks
Donie