: You will also want to make sure that
: the fork attribute for the JspServlet is set to true as well as
: compiling JSPs will leak memory unless the compiling process is forked.

I didn't catch the OP's OS, but this could be a catch-22.

I once ran into this one: Solaris fork() does copy-on-write for
efficiency but to be on the safe side it also reserves enough swap
to completely duplicate the parent process's mem, just in case.

You get the picture: if the parent JVM process is huge (more than half
the machine's overall mem) and it attempts to fork for a JSP compile,
you'll get a different out-of-memory error.

I don't know how Linux or other kernels handle this, but it's worth a
look before deciding between fork/not fork for JSP compiles.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net (C++ / Java / SSL)
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com