David Rees wrote:
Additionally, upgrading to the latest Tomcat (4.1.27 or 5.0.16) and JDK (1.4.2_03) is a good idea as the latest versions have bug fixes and performance improvements.

I doubt it is a Tomcat issue, it is more than likely an issue with your application, but the stack trace will show the cause.

I have tomcat 4.1.29, JDK1.4.2. Also my app was completely ok with tomcat 3.x.x. The 100% of processor time occurs in my case only after the OOME. Before the OOME all the threads (both tomcat's and mine) are happy.

Thanks for any hints,

David