Philipp Taprogge wrote:
Have you changed the JRE as well or are you running the tomcat 4 instance in the same VM as the tomcat 3 before? Just to make sure your problems are not arising from changes made to the JVM in the meantime.

I have upgraged the VM as well as the OS on the machine. In fact the whole machine is different now (being it dual-pentium this time). Right now I am further upgrading SUN JDK 1.4.2 to SUN 1.4.2_03 if that is going to have any impact.

David