Mladen Turk wrote:

From: Yiannis Mavroukakis
Sent: 8. siječanj 2004 16:34

Would it not be possible to bind JNI under a single worker and then isolate that worker from the rest of the pool (possibly provide the ability for workers to carry some sort of identification bit with regards to who can access them)?

That was the thing that I considered, but again if you have multiple workers, what would be the benefit of having that much Tomcat instances running.

What is the real benefit of running TC from within Apache via JNI?

So far, I've seen settups of TCP+Apache via network socket (good for both one and N host deployment) and via UNIX socket (one UNIX host deployment). At the moment I'm running the later setup on my Linux.

What would I gain with JNI?

Except automatic startup of TC through Apache.

Nix.