From: Ralph Einfeldt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 13 January 2004 13:45
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: dramatic performance differences on development machines

This kind of performance degration can
also have some of the following causes if
the load of the system doesn't indicate
a problem:

- long or failing DNS Lookups.
- Missconfiguration that leads to round trips
  in the network.
- locks (e.g. Database)

I think you have to isolate one request that
takes long and find out where the time is spent.
(This doesn't mean in all cases profiling, in the
first step it might be enough to find out if the
time is spent before the request reaches the
application, in the application, or after the
application has sent the response.)