Shawn wrote:

Under Tomcat 5.0.18 with servlets compiled with 1.5 beta, I get an odd message, and the servlet won't load. When the same servlet is compiled with 1.4.2 it runs fine.

I have tried compiling with: javac -source 1.5 -target 1.4 ... ?

I get the complaint from both IDEs I use because of the fact that the collections have changed, in order to support generics.

I haven't tried running my JDK1.5 classes under jdk1.4.2 yet, as I am still trying to get all of my unit tests to pass. <g>

--
"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
James Black    [EMAIL PROTECTED]