Howdy,

>Under Tomcat 5.0.18 with servlets compiled with 1.5 beta, I get an odd
>message, and  the servlet won't load.  When the same servlet is
compiled
>with 1.4.2 it runs fine.

I suggest rebuilding tomcat with 1.5 beta if you want to run servlets
compiled using 1.5 beta.  I'm not even sure my suggestion will work, as
I haven't tried it myself.  There has not been a tomcat release declared
to support JDK 1.5 yet, although you're welcome to do building and
testing for us ;)

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.