I suggest rebuilding tomcat with 1.5 beta if you want to run servlets
compiled using 1.5 beta.  I'm not even sure my suggestion will work, as
I haven't tried it myself.  There has not been a tomcat release declared
to support JDK 1.5 yet, although you're welcome to do building and
testing for us ;)

The problem I had, I think, is that my method used an Enumeration and under 1.5 enum is a new keyword but jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper used enum many places as an identifier, as do some classes in org.apache.tomcat.util.compat
--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/