On Monday March 01 2004 06:42 pm, Christopher Schultz wrote:

> >> Tried that.  Capped it at 35 and the webserver stopped servicing any
> >> DB request as soon as the pool reached 35.  This is why I believe the
> >> pool management is faulty and/or something is hogging all the
> >> connections.
> >
> > I share your belief. Let's try to prove it. Raise it to some other
> > figure, and see if the same happens again. Ask them how big should the
> > figure be.
>
> In fact, cap it at 10 and watch the app dring to a halt before it even
> gets going. This is a pretty compelling example. If the pool is drying
> up, they're definately screwing up.

Whoa there pardner:  I am not going to deliberately cripple a production box.
The problem has been demonstated in test environments and that is as far as I
will intentionally let it go.

That said, the information i've gathered here has been helpful.  I am a great
sysadmin but not a great java programmer so I appreciate it to.

--
Stephen Carville
UNIX and Network Administrator