Sysadmins are sysadmins AND developers are developers. No one cannot cross
the borderline or even compare.

>>They are clowns.
I wouldn't call the developers or professionals like this.

I can agree partially to yours. But if you see him, he doesn't know about
the impact of JVM and tuning parameters, as he mentioned in his email. Do
you expect him to take a lead in fixing that? I have seen the projects
losing its focus by the nature of peoples deviating to get their interests
fulfilled.

I would appreciate, if the developer and sysadmin working together in this
problem (i doubt verymuch as sysadmin involvment, all he can do is give
"top" or "sar" reports). Sysadmin has much knowledge in configuring servers,
architect the infrastructure, manage the network, backups etc.

I never seen any sysadmin trying to fine tune any Application Servers. If
that is the case, then the project sucess will be in stake. Everyone has to
do their own roles. If I would be the sysadmin, then i would tell the
developers to go these newsgroups. Dont you think that most of developers
resolve their issues by newsgroups and websites for their problems.

>>This isn't about communication or a sysadmin whining to the devs about
something he doesn't understand.
He clearly mentioned that the developeers raised that questions and trying
to get the verification from the newsgroups. Dont you think that is the part
of communication gap between the developers and him. If he is very keen, why
not one of the developers responding his thread and get the issues fixed for
the project.