An trying to convert a simple servlet of the HelloWorld
variety (pure HTML -- no JSP, EJB, JDBC, etc) from
tomcat 3.2.3 to 4.1.30.  It works fine with tomcat 3.2.3
in standalone mode but gives a 404 error in 4.1.30 with
both netscape and mozilla.

The 4.1.30 demos work so tomcat is installed ok.  My
servlet's web.xml is unchanged from 3.2.3, where it works.
The servlet <Context> was added to the demo tomcat
conf/server.xml file in the 4.1.30 style and the demos
still work (so the conf file cannot be botched too badly!)
My servlet even shows up in the 'manager' listing as
deployed and active.  The logs show no errors either on
tomcat start or stop.  Everything looks fine except for
the darn 404 error.

Have tried inserting println's into my servlet to see
if the servlet is actually entered on the assumption
that servlet println's will get dumped to the log files.
None of this output shows up in the logs, so either
4.1.30 is not executing the servlet or my println
assumption is false (or both).

I'm at a loss what to do next to fix this config problem
(as it must surely be).

Any suggestions appreciated.

--
Rick Lutowski