Rick Lutowski wrote:

> Mike Curwen wrote:
> > if it's the other, try:
>
> With
> the error is
> "404 -- /ship_pix/pix_servlet/pix.pxhtml is not available"

With further fussing, this works!  I had changed web.xml
to key on "/pix_servlet/*.pxhtml" as an experiment.  When
I changed it back to the original "*.pxhtml" and used the
Context base 'ship_pix' in the URL (either absolute or
relative), everything started clicking.

Thanks for the help! :-))

BTW --
Read in some web doc that the plan is to write a tool
tool for _generating_ all these config files rather than
having to tweak them by hand.  A good config tool would
certainly have helped avoid a lot of head bashing. If
anyone on this list knows of someone who is contemplating
writing a tomcat config tool, please let me know.  I
know some requirements methodology approaches that can
be applied when scoping such tools to help make them more
user friendly and more maintainable.  Be happy to teach
these techniques to the folks involved.

Thanks again.

--
Rick Lutowski