Hi,

    Thank you for that, and excuse my delay in responding. I tried what you suggested,
but found the LogManager class did not contain such a method. It did have one method
to speak of - getLogManager() which returns an instance of LogManager, but that also
has no shutdown method. I found reset():

LogManager.getLogManager().reset();

I am using JDK 1.4.2_03. How might I sort this hassle out please? It seems to be
happening very infrequently, but is definately a show stopper!

thanks

G.

This has to do with Log4j. Make sure you set up a servlet context listener
and do LogManager.shutdown() in the contextDestroyed() method. This will
take care of your troubles.

Jake