Hello,

      Yes, I see it in the Javadoc. Here's my confusion. I am not 'using' Log4j-1.2.8
at all! To implement the logic you talk of, I would have to get a JAR from the Apache
web site? Even though I am not using Log4j whatsoever on my app, is this necessary? I
dont know what class I was referencing before (my IDE is down), but I am looking on
the net for a JAR that might contain the desired class.  Please advise if I am marking
up the wrong tree!

thanks

G.

Hmm... Take another look at LogManager's source code. I absolutely, 100%
guarantee that LogManager.shutdown() exists. You are using Log4j-1.2.8,
right? I know it exists there and I think it has been around for a while
anyway (but can't be sure). Anyway, the proof is in the Javadoc....

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/LogManager.html#shutdown()

Jake