Hi Cheng,

How are you testing this? Do you have a servlet that sends emails whenever you get a 404 ? Or when you get a 404, Tomcat directs the request to a JSP or servlet that sends an email ? I'm pretty sure Tomcat does not have a built-in facility that sends email.

Regards.

zhicheng wang wrote:

Hi
if i config tomcat (both 4 AND 5) to send email for
error code 404, it always send THREE emails. this is
true regardless if i use a servlet of perl cgi

any ideas? please let me know

if i call the servlet or cgi directly, things are
fine.

thanks
cheng

=====
Best wishes
Z C Wang

--
"There is nothing so absurd but some philosopher has said it." -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
| Pascal Chong |