From: "Yansheng Lin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Tomcat Users List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 11:47 AM
Subject: [OT] The Way Java Handles Date

Hi, Just wondering if anyone found this aspect of Java annoying.  I know
this is
usually a faq, and a lot of people have put a lot of efforts making it
better.
But I just find that the learning curve is a bit too steep for new comers.
And
it hasn't been improve in j2sdk-1.5 either, at least from the interface
point of
view.  For example, a developer still has to go through the whole Calendar
and
DateFormat process to get a Date from a String....

I feel like complaining today:).

-yan