From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
rg] On Behalf Of Hassan Schroeder
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004 4:55 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Os X

Andrew Robinson wrote:

> It seems to run but I get an error page when I go to the server at
> port 8080 ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved

I'd suggest you stop Tomcat and restart using

> 5: start tomcat by `./bin/catalina.sh run`

Leave that window open and watch the output as you try to access the start
page. Also, examine your log files for error messages.

> 6: point your browser to http://localhost:8080/

If that doesn't identify the problem, make sure that you can
(1) ping 'localhost' and
(2) telnet to localhost port 8080 and get a server prompt.

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                           dream.  code.