Hello -

I think I was unclear in what I meant. I am not talking about presentation of code, (hell assembler can be presented well!) what I mean is that using JSTL and EL forces you to abstract yourself from the business tier as you have restricted ability to handle the data. By using embedded Java you do not have this restriction (which may be a good thing for performance or clarity) which can lead you to perform operations you shouldn't in a presentation processing.

I agree that having a bad designer leads to bad design, but a good design can be poorly implemented. I propose that the use of embedded java can be poor implementation as it is all to easy to perform operations that you shouldn't in a presentation tier.

-Mike Fowler "I could be a genius if I just put my mind to it, and I, I could do anything, if only I could get 'round to it"