From: "Julian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I installed Tomcat and everything went without a problem. The service
> starts ok too. The problem is that when I load a jsp file into the
> browser, I don't get the results, I get the contents of the jsp file
itself.
> When I installed apache, it took me a while to discover that I had to
> tell it where my web root folder is. I can't find anywhere I can tell
> Tomcat where my apache localhost web root folder is. Is that what I have
> to do?

If you're new to Tomcat, you'll probably want to leave the Apache/Tomcat
interaction for another day.  What instructions are you working from?  They
should have you visit http://localhost:8080 (or is it 8081?) to make sure
Tomcat is alive.  (Tomcat listens on one of those ports by default.  When
you use Apache in front of it, the connector listens on yet another port.)

You should see the welcome page, click on the links to the examples and
check them out.

Let us know if that part works...

--
Wendy Smoak