Hello,

the SQL error message does not look like if the driver itself could not be found, it appears more obvious to me, that the connection URL for the database is incorrect. Please check your database connection string, maybe the bug hides in there....:-)

To your xml problem: Did you also check, that all tags are correctly set with an start-<tag> and end-</tag>?
And remember that stand-alone tags always have to be closed with a final / e.g. <stand-alone-tag/>...

HTH,

regards,

Thilo

Hello,
I have got a problem with my Servlet which uses a JDBC database connection to a Ms SQL Server
There is a getConnection command that should be executed. But this command fails and throws the exception with description: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC] Unable to connect. Invalid URL. is thrown. I dont know, what went wrong. Why cant the driver be found, although I have all driver jars in my classpath and also in the lib folder in the WEB_INF folder of the corresponding Addressbook-webapp in Tomcat?
also I have another problem:
Except of the SQL Errors there are other parsing errors , starting with SEVERE... while tomcat is starting up, which I cannot identify. . The message is: The end-tag for element type "context-param" must end with a '>' delimiter.
First of all, all my tags of the application ended in '>' and secondly I removed the Webapplication folder for the specific webapp that was using a web.xml with context-params and replaced it with another webapp which has all its configuration parameters hard-wired in the code.
Also I removed the Context file of the former webapp from conf\Catalina\localhost, but still it exists somewhere and causes errors.
Then I tried to clean them up by making a new installation of Tomcat, but I couldn't uninstall the old one.
Maybe you have an idea. Help!
thanx, Caroline