From: Caroline J Tanneberger
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Viernes, 30 de Julio de 2004 01:49 a.m.
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [tomcat] jdbc and tomcat

Hello,
I have got a problem with my Servlet which uses a JDBC database connection
to a Ms SQL Server There is a  getConnection command that should be
executed. But this command fails and throws the exception with description:
[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC] Unable to connect. Invalid URL.
is thrown. I dont know, what went wrong. Why cant the driver be found,
although I have all driver jars in my classpath and also in the lib folder
in the WEB_INF folder of the corresponding Addressbook-webapp in Tomcat?
also I have another problem:
Except of the SQL Errors there are other parsing errors , starting with
SEVERE... while tomcat is starting up, which I cannot identify. . The
message is:  The end-tag for element type "context-param" must end with a
'>' delimiter.
First of all, all my tags of the  application ended in  '>' and secondly  I
removed the  Webapplication folder  for  the  specific webapp  that  was
using  a web.xml with context-params and replaced it with another webapp
which has all its configuration parameters hard-wired in the code.
Also I removed the Context file of the former webapp from
conf\Catalina\localhost, but still it exists somewhere and causes errors.
Then I tried to clean them up by making a new installation of Tomcat, but I
couldn't uninstall the old one.
Maybe you have an idea. Help!
thanx, Caroline