Hi,
The Balancer webapp is meant to function is a pure-Java, low-tech
clustering approach.  It doesn't support some of the features that
advanced clustering configurations do, but it lets you distribute
traffic according to whatever rules or heuristics you want, and easily
define fallbacks for when a server goes down.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

Tomcat