On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 02:59, Endre StÃlsvik wrote:

> No, I can't seem to imagine! ;) You should let LocalDirector do the
> SLL'ing - and then you can use the "SSL Session" as stickyness too.

One problem with that is you can still have the session hop servers
since the Local Director can't match up cookie based mappings to SSL
session mappings, since it can't read the cookies from SSL connections,
and can't read non-existant SSL session IDs from non-SSL sessions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's always been a problem, so I've always had
to use some sort of session-distribution mechanism. :)