Hi,
Where in server.xml is your Resource declaration?  Is there a matching
resource-ref in your web.xml?  (It's required).  You also probably want
a factory parameter, as mentioned in the JNDI DataSources how-to.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
>            <ResourceParams name="ReportsDB">

>          </ResourceParams>
>
>When I deploy the servlet on my development server (Tomcat 4.06) it
runs
>without error and reports "Init Complete" in the localhost log.
>
>The same code and xml deployed on a test server (tomcat 4.1.12) a
naming
>exception is thrown and the catch block reports "Init Error Name
>ReportsDB is not bound in this Context".
>
>Is there a difference between the two releases that would explain this,
>or are other settings involved in "binding" that I should be examining?
>
>All suggestions gratefully accepted :-)

and notify the sender.  Thank you.