You need your fail over to be higher up in your network stack

Filip
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Kirk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Tomcat Users List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 9:35 AM
Subject: RE: Multi-Site Clustering? (hot failover)

I've considered something like this in the past.  However, I'd be interested
to know how you plan to have the failover website at the second take over
when the first website dies.  In other words, how will a user's browser know
to access the website at the failover IP address rather than the regular
one?  Chaning the DNS is not going to do it for you I wouldn't have
thought....?