On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:41:22 -0800 (PST), Dola Woolfe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Proud to say I'm not going to cover my ass (if I don't
> have to :). But I remember there were some worms that
> hit your computer even if you didn't do anything on
> it. One day my non-av'ed computer just went down with
> SoBig, I think, while Norton caught it on all other
> computers. So perhaps it is a good idea even on
> servers with restricted access.

This is where you need to block ports and disable services on the
servers that shouldn't be there plus if SoBig or another variety of
virus/worm is getting on your network then the hole is elsewhere not
on your server.

Alternatively it makes a damn good business case to move your Tomcat
over to Linux or a flavour of Unix. :)

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge