I have the need to redirect visitors to my site to different error pages
depending on the type of element missing. For example, if the element
that is missing is an image file (e.g. *.jpg, *.gif), then I want to
present them with a custom 404 error page. If the missing element is an
entire page, then I want to present them with a completely different 404
error page.

I know that I can set Tomcat to catch the 404 errors and present a
custom page, but what I need to know is can I get as granular as I need
to get using the configuration, or do I have to put this in an jsp file
and solve it programmatically?

Thanks,

Q. Wade Billings
Manager, Operations / Sr. Unix Administrator
RHCE, CNA, CCNA, CNS
Operations and Technology Group

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
phone: (310) 998-6364
toll free: (800) 648-5049
fax: (310) 998-6999
cell: (661) 210-5593
snailmail: 2401 Colorado #200 Santa Monica , CA 90404
http: www.lowermybills.com <http://www.lowermybills.com/>

"Fall seven time. stand up eight."
- Japanese Proverb

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately
explained by stupidity."
- Hanlon's Razor

"I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird, and not
enough the bad luck of the early worm."

- FDR