I guess I was hoping there was some server-level redirect.

I'm not sure how I would put the meta redirect in all my pages.  My
app is a complicated mess (my fault - my lack of skill).

The issue is that my users are clicking a PayPal "Subscribe" button,
which sends them off to PayPal.  Part of the hidden information sent
to PayPal when the user clicks that button is the return path.

So if user comes to blahblah.com, clicks the Subscribe button it sends
them to PayPal with a return path of www.blahblah.com (because that's
what I'm telling PayPal to do.)  I'm thinking now I can just look at
the URL they're at now and set my PayPal return path dynamically... If
they're here as blahblah.com, I make sure to tell the PayPal form that
the return path is blahblah.com.  If www, then return to www...

Thanks for your suggestion though.  I can even continue using PayPal's
encrypted buttons - I'll just make two buttons, one for www, and
theother for just blahblah, and display the appropriate button based
on current situation.

Still, I think I was hoping that somewhere in server.xml I could say
"all requests for blahblah.com should be mapped to www.blahblah.com."

Thanks all.