several of us have been discussing this on the list for the past couple of
days.  unfortunately, those messages don't show up in the archives yet.

one person, Jeff Kilbride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, seems to have found a
solution, but it's still not working for me yet.  i can't get any of the
example servlets to work as documented, even after i apply jeff's
suggestion changes.  i don't think i understand things clearly enough yet
though.

my environment is almost identical to yours.
linux mandrake 7.2
apache 1.3.14
tomcat-3.2.1
mod_jk binary from the tomcat web site

keep watching the list, and let us know if you figure anything out.

--
Todd Pfaff                         \  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Computing and Information Services  \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920