Well, I was thinking of using something like (truncated for clarity):

# load balanced
worker.lb_traditional.type=lb
worker.lb_traditional.balance_workers=lb_worker1,lb_worker2
worker.lb_traditional.sticky_session=true

# workers 1 and 2 are load balanced
worker.lb_worker1.type=ajp13
worker.lb_worker1.host=server1
worker.lb_worker1.domain=theJRMRoute

worker.lb_worker2.type=ajp13
worker.lb_worker2.host=server2
worker.lb_worker2.domain=theJRMRoute

# standby setup
worker.lb_standby.type=lb
worker.lb_standby.balance_workers=lb_worker3,lb_worker4
worker.lb_standby.sticky_session=true

# workers 4 is hot standby for worker 3
worker.lb_worker3.type=ajp13
worker.lb_worker3.host=server1
worker.lb_worker3.domain=theJRMRoute
worker.lb_worker3.redirect=worker4

worker.lb_worker4.type=ajp13
worker.lb_worker4.host=server2
worker.lb_worker4.domain=theJRMRoute
worker.lb_worker4.disabled=True

Guernsey, Byron (GE Consumer & Industrial) wrote:
I believe you can specify the jvmRoute separately by using the domain
attribute, but I'm not sure I see how this would help?

Byron