I think having multiple load balancing workers for the same group of
target servers is not a problem.

You simply define load balancers e.g. lb1, lb2 etc.

Which load balancer is chosen is determined by your JkMount directives. So
if you have different apps app1, app2 etc. on your tomcats having
incompatible balancing requirements you simply use

JkMount /app1/* lb1
JkMount /app2/* lb2

etc.

The balanced workers behind lb1, lb2 etc. are allowed to have the same
name, because each load balancer has it's own list of balanced workers
with associated attributes. I expect no problem from a clash of names of
balanced workers in different balancing workers.

So there would be no need of having multiple jvmRoute for a single tomcat
instance.