> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Wher do I get binary of Tomcat
>
> 2. Where can I get Tomcat that works on MacOS X or Windows
> (let's say old "good" win98)?

Tomcat is pure Java, so you can use the standard .zip or .tar.gz
download on any platform.  Once expanded, you'll find a RUNNING.txt file
that explains how to get it going.  You will need a JRE for 5.5, or a
JDK for 5.0 and older levels.  If you use the 5.5 version (recommended)
and are using a 1.4 JRE, you will also need to download the Compat
package and unzip it into the Tomcat installation directory.  Finally,
if you want to run Tomcat's admin app (not required, but useful and
instructive), that has to be downloaded separately and again unzipped
into the Tomcat installation directory.

All packages can be found on the main download page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_tomcat-5.cgi

The various levels may be marked as alpha, beta, or nothing (indicating
stable), using the standard Apache Software Foundation terminology.  A
particular level's status may be changed as it proves itself in the
field.

Tomcat will definitely run on OS X, and should run on Win98, but that
latter one's a pretty archaic and wimpy environment for anything other
than just playing around.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.