Hi,

Has anyone seen Tomcat JVM using 99.9% cpu when there is no HTTP load at all?
The JSP pages are accessible fine without any loss in functionality, but the
machine is sluggish (expectedly, as the JVM is using all the CPU). If tomcat is
restarted, the problem goes away and the CPU usage returns to normal.

I have not been able to reproduce the problem at will. It has been noticed only
twice or so in the past week, out of hundreds of attempts.

I have seen other posts asking to tweak the settings like socket_* in
workers.properties files. But since I have not been able to reproduce the
problem at will, I am hesitant to change the parameters, not knowing which
change will fix the problem.

Thanks for any input or pointers on:
- the nature of the problem that causes this 99.9% CPU usage
- how to reproduce the problem
- what parameters should be set in workers.properties file or elsewhere to
avoid this problem in the future.

I am using Tomcat 5.0.28, Apache 2.x, jk2, Sun JRE 1.4.2_08  on Suse Linux
Enterprise Server (SLES 9 SP2).

Thanks
Azariah