Leon Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> On 9/23/05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> I think it's forbidden by the spec.
>
> SRV.3.7 Reloading Considerations
> Although a Container Provider implementation of a class reloading
> scheme for ease
> of development is not required, any such implementation must ensure
> that all servlets, and classes that they may use, are loaded in the
> scope of a single class
> loader. This requirement is needed to guarantee that the application
> will behave as expected by the Developer.

ah i see, that would make sense.  but it seems strange that this sort of
thing is accepted as the norm.  i would think that its a common requirement
and that a lot of developers would get sick of restarting the server to get
some minor bug fix into production.

does anyone have a workaround?

btw, i moved to storing my name-value pairs (used to be props files) in the
db for this very reason.