Surya Mishra wrote:
Thank You Mark,
My Tomcat server won't even start if the directory server is unreachable.
That means other applications that have not protected are also failing.
Second question: There is no attribute in the Realm definition to give a
name to realm (as per the how-to document.
Realm names are defined in web.xml

How do I configure different
realms for different applications?
You can nest realms inside contexts.

What is the default realm name for the
tomcat-users.xml?
It depends. Test your setup with basic auth and find out.

I want the manager application to run using the default
tomcat-users.xml. Another application is to be protected using JNDI realm. A
third one is public meaning nothing is protected in that application.
Set realms at the context level.

Mark