"Seak, Teng-Fong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in news:4339048E.30608
@yahoo.com:

>     My webapp needs some application string variables for
> configuration.  For the moment, I hard-code them as class static
> properties and compiled.  But I'd like to know if there's any method to
> define such variables in a text file, something like the global.asa in
> ASP where we could simply write something like this withing the
> application_onstart subroutine:
> application("myvar") = "my value"

>     TIA

database.  using props files you have to bounce the app to get changes to
take effect unless you write your own properties loader that runs as a
thread, or checks file timestamps, etc.

imo, its all too messy, db based config is far superior