Leon Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> First: you can load your property files on each request as well.

really, using what? im curious -- struts and regular properties files out
of the box dont support that behaviour, so you would have to 'roll your
own' i think. ive seen several different impls, what are you using?

> Second: you ever tried to request same value from db on each request,
> which would mean in our case 100 times per second per webserver? Which
> db is able to serve it?

that seems a bit high, but maybe you're working on bigger stuff.  its not
an issue with my stuff, much smaller apps etc.  but as an alternative for
smaller apps, you could just stick it in a data structure and use some sort
of cache manager to handle it i think (e.g, oscache from opensymphony).